The Cloud Network Engineer has a broad range of experience working on software as a service platform and is continually growing, adding his or her valuable skills to our platform solution. Their understanding of Google Cloud will be leveraged in the execution of the job. This role is critical to maintaining the uptime of our platform and takes responsibility for the stability of our footprint in the cloud.
• Ensure the stable and reliable connectivity of all Cloud, LAN, and WAN networks
• Assist with all levels of network administration, from innovating new technologies to hardware/software support while maintaining and improving security procedures
• Rapidly troubleshoot network outages
• Provide accurate and creative solutions for various supporting departments and teams
Maintain up-to-date detailed documentation and publishing where applicable
- Experience designing and supporting Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services capabilities. AWS / GCP certification a plus.
- Desire to learn new technologies and apply them to customer use cases
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Able to present technical concepts plainly to semi-technical customers.
- Advanced TCP/IP networking knowledge including security, addressing, sub-netting, routing, and troubleshooting techniques
- Experience deploying and configuring monitoring systems
- Must maintain knowledge of applications and technological advances with the elements that make up the infrastructure industry.
- Knowledge and experience with ITIL processes
Preferred Skills/Good to have:
- GCP knowledge of VPC, VPN, GLB, ILB, Routes, Firewall Rules, Network Tag, DNS, Subnets, TCP/IP.
- OS Administration Knowledge, preferrably RHEL
- CCNA or CCNP Certified.
- GCP Assoc Engineer certified